Early meeting places in Bosque County
When settlers first came into Bosque Territory between 1850 and 1853, they settled along the lower Bosque Valley and the Steele Creek areas. This made sense because the lower valley was only two days ridefrom Waco, and Steele Creek was just across the Brazos from Fort Graham. Early meeting places were vital to the settlers, the only link of communication in remote and hostile locations. They served as churches, early schools, information and social networks; after the county was formed they served as polling places and justice courts.